Wayne Addleman - steel guitar

Wayne has always used Peavey Steel Guitar amps whether it was on tour or in the studio. He says they always sound big and clean and deliver the tone that he has always looked for.
Wayne is currently on tour with Trace Adkins using a Derby Pedal Steel Guitar going to two Nashville 1000 Steel Guitar amps on stage for a live stereo rig. Some of the artists he has toured with include Trace Adkins, The Bellamy Brothers, Lisa Brokop, Jessica Andrews, Lila McCann, Mindy McCready and The Ellis Brothers.

Wayne also used his Peavey Steel Guitar amps on recordings with Lisa Brokop, The Bellamy Brothers, Dolly Parton, George Jones, John Anderson, Neil Diamond, The Oak Ridge Boys and Tanya Tucker to name a few.

Quotes from old friends............
An old school mate said…."There was a guy who I played with briefly in a high school rock group named Wayne Addleman. We all thought he was pretty good, not really special. Now he's playing steel guitar for a C & W hotshot named Trace Adkins. Two lessons come out of this: 1) We didn't know bugger-all; 2) If you're not doing what you truly love, your best is never going to come out of you."


Stu Schulman said...."I was playing guitar in a band with Wayne Addleman who now plays with Trace Adkins on steel..we were playing with this awful husband,and wife group. The husband was the drummer,the wife sang played piano and barked at everyone. She called us up and told us a few major labels were sending people to our gig to maybe sign her, and being that me and Wayne used to start way to much mischief she was gonna separate us on stage Wayne on one side me on the other. We[Me and Wayne] thought that it would add a lot to the show to work up some dance steps for the Dolly song "Nine To Five"sorta like the Supremes in "Stop In The Name Of Love" When it got to that point in the song we did our little dance...she totaly freaked screaming "I Hate You Both"and ran to the dressing room crying…Her husband slammed a stick into the snare drum and said you guys are fired, To which I replied as soon as I can stop laughing I'll get back to ya'I think he threatened me after that,which was even funnier, Me and Wayne were crying."

2 comments:

ernie smothers said...

Wayne Addleman is a great human being. I met Wayne-o while playing bass for Jessica Andrews. We toured together opening for Trisha Yearwood and had a blast! Wayne taught me how to appreciate Starbuck's coffee. Wayne, i sure miss talking to you. I am still playing music in a rock band named Captain Klymaxx and write sports and news articles for a newspaper to put beans on the table.Brother, give me a shout sometime. The phone number is still the same. God bless you! Ernie "don't let the door hit you on the way out" Smothers

Anonymous said...

I met Wayne when he worked with Tahoka Freeway (back in the dark ages.) He bought me and my pals a couple of beers and invited us to a gig that night which was a ton of fun. He didn't know us from Adam but he treated us like friends. He was also an even better musician. A terrific person - and I sure hope Wayne sees this. Thanks for your kindness and congratulations on your success!

Please email additions or deletions to laura@traceadkinsblog.com. Your input is appreciated.